I work in Midtown Manhattan and I also go to school in the city, therefore I can't escape the subway..I buy a pass every month to try to save a couple pennies since during school my fare would cost me at least $6 a day...Anyone who takes the subway know that the10 car staple of the city is full of surprises both welcome and unwelcome. I could write a whole book about what I have encountered...I must add that anyone who takes the train knows that after a long day of work a seat on the train is like heaven...I enter the train at 86th street and happy as all hell there is a seat right before me...although the man to my left looked pretty normal he did have a few too many bags but he didn't smell and he wasn't talking to himself...so of course I sat my happy ass down...popped ma ipod in.. chillen..125th street no worries..138th street no worries...149th street the man to ma left proceeds to talk some untranslatable language...then starts to curse the world about how he's hungry and no one cares...and so on and so forth so naturally I begin to get uncomfortable like damn this seat feel so good and now my ass gotta get up...but I decided a little harmless mumbling not gonna hurt... and kept my happy ass there...a few seconds later man to my left takes out some shitty ass socks and draws... the dingiest pieces of shit I have ever seen and immediately a scent I can't even explain begins to consume the entire car and my face goes from content to WTF!!!!.....
This man opposite me and a little ways down senses my discomfort and beckons to me asking if I want his seat...I gladly accept and move...I don't know if New Yorkers are just full of way too much New York pride but everyone else surrounding him had tissues and arms and noses cocked in disgust but noone would move....WHAT!!!! I know the seats on the subway comfortable but not that comfortable...I guess he decides to have some pity on us and place those disgusting particles of clothing back in one of his many dusty bags... A couple of kids enter the train and one of them plops their ass right in the seat I just got up from...I couldn't help but put on a sly grin like... watch them get fooled like me...hehe... So again after a couple of stops the man takes out his smellibles and the kids start cursing and acting a fool...they began to berate the man and his stench ...by this time God forgive me but I couldn't help but chuckle no matter how disorderly these 12/13 year olds became...again the whole train is holding their noses and I just couldn't wait till the next stop to get the hell out that car....Pride or no pride this man had to have shat in those pants a couple decades ago and just been traveling....even with the comedy I couldn't take his decade old stench anymore...
The train is hell on earth I swear from the sardine packed rush hour to the slew of beggars, insane people and loud ass cackling cellphoners and underage parents wit kids they can't control ....Apart from the fact that name plates are outdated I straight stopped wearing mine because this beggar knelt before me called ma name and begged me a dollar... puzzled as to how he knew ma name... I quickly realized he saw ma nameplate....uuugh...I swear chasing that 6:51 train in the morning huffing & puffing so I'm not late is no joke barely making it a little after the lady says stand clear of the closing doors...o subway o subway o how I love and hate thee....
Excuse my bad use of the english language...last time i recalled it wasn't English class....hehe
lmao!!! this was so funny!!!
ReplyDeletethe life, trials and times of riding on the subway train lol
ahh the subway!!!
ReplyDeleteMy worst encounter? A man jerking off directly in front of me. When I picked up my head and saw that, I swear to everything I love, I ran so fast to the opposite end of the train. LoL..I can laugh now...but it was horrible then!