Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Double...Trouble

I've been meaning to address this topic for the longest. But laziness and
sometimes busyness or business (whichever not sure) has not allowed. However I
went on a twitter rant today and it just felt right that I blog about it to
expand my ideas (and correct spelling errors and grammatical errors in my
tweets)

Anyway, in lew of all this chat about single black women, why we're single etc.
as well as the upsurge of tweets regarding the "issues" men have with women (coming mostly from men who don't have their shit together in more ways than one) I
couldn't help myself today...I just couldn't. Now I think I'm going to post
everything I put up in order and expand from there (hope this works) I might add
some commentary I received after...whatever..either way let's go. Just a note, I wrote each guys tweet verbatim, and then added commentary in a tweet following just in case it isn't clear

Alright so since im bored on lunch..lemme play the "it can go both ways game"...

Every girl has things she wont do or never did, but there's always 1 guy who can
break any of those trends #FACT...AND SO DO GUYS

HAD A GUY WHO SAID HE NEVER ATE THE BOX..(He ended up eating the box) soooo...neexxxttt!!!

Lots of girls screaming niggas ain't shit ain't exactly wifey material
themselves....AND SO DO GUYS (not being hubby material either but always the 1st
to call a girl out on her shortcomings)

UMM guys ask for girls with cars, and they don't drive, asking for
wholesome girls and they're not wholesome..shld i go on?..NEEXXTTT

A lot of females have breath taking looks but the attitude doesn't always
match...AND SO DO GUYS (maybe not breathtaking but cute/handsome)

Everygirl has a story to tell about the fact that cute guys do the most dirt
soooo NEXXTTTTT!

(sidenote: Every thing I have a rebuttal for is a tweet that I have read...the
one sidedness is irritating)

Girls are emotional...AND SO ARE GUYS

UMM I'm on the hunt for a male tampon...if not im inventing one sooo NEEXXTTTTT

Lemme just say this..I know girls do their share of man bashing...but in all
honesty i think we are also more aware of our faults

I have 7 more minutes to attack a sub division of the previous rant

So why is it that you can tell me you like me because i drive, i have a degree,
i work, i'm focused, i'm not a hoe, etc

And tell me you don't like girls who are hoes, who cant drive, who are bums, who
only care abt material things (etc)***?

BUT then when i tell you i dont want you because u dont work, u slept with ur
entire borough, you only graduated highschool THEN I'M PICKY??

WHAT THE FUCK....THATS THE FRICKIN DOUBLE STANDARD I CANNOT TAKE...AND U GUYS
NEED TO GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!!

Why am I picky and you guys just have "good taste"? Please answer that
question...Why cant I only want the best as well?

Ok now here's the thing..in response to 1 person who said to me

"why you talking
to hoodrat niggas tho...that's your 1st problem"


Here's the deal I don't approach them, and I can't help that they approach me
and look at me all crazy like I'm the one with a problem when he screams YO
SHORTY from the passenger side of his best friends ride in 10 chains iced out
gshock and a snaggle tooth and I keep it moving or roll my eyes. But let's set up a fictional situation when you're getting to know a guy let's say you meet him through a friend, he's well dressed and your holding a conversation (in person bcuz for instance your
bff's best friend brings a friend along he thinks you might like) he's attracted
to you, your talking and u tell him a bit about yourself ( he might even be cute
too). He tells you oh I like girls like you because your different yadda
yadda, you ask him the same questions only to find out he hasn't worked in 3
years he sells drugs, he has a kid, he didn't go to college, and he bums
rides wit your bffs boyfriend ( He masks these confessions as him "keeping it real"). Ok granted I don't have to take the convo any further or give him the time of day (but we're stuck at this
dinner/movie/outing), also most guys press the issue, they're relentless. Mind you
I'd never be this rude, but I bet you if I told him I can't or wont talk to him for 1 or
all of those reasons above he wouldn't say ok I understand I see why you
wouldn't wanna date me or I'll step my game up, he'd be pissed probably cuss me
out and or tell me he's a good dude and "yo ma why you gotta be like that" or
damn u "stuck up" or think I think I'm better than him. Delusional much??..
And in this case his bf would prolly be like "give him a chance" yadda yadda. Like
the fact that you even brought your bum friend to talk to me is another sign
that guys have all these standards for themselves and don't think about the
standards or wants of the female...but I digress

This is kinda drastic, but I just feel guys can dismiss girls easily
without the backlash of being picky mainly because they will SMASH (or just
about smash) anything!! However they won't WIFE anything.. The thing is most of us will not we won't smash or "wife" (what's the female term for wife? just curious)
just anything so we get more of it or are more inclined to the backlash mainly
because we may turn things down more often and conversely we're hoes (once
again we get all the negative connotations for the shit that guys do too) if we
do decide to "kiss" (fuck) a couple frogs before we find a prince, why is
this? I'm picky and u have "good taste"...you're the "man" and I'm the hoe.
You complain and read your girl's messages (cuz best be known guys search phones
too..they also call dudes back and confront em) you're just taking the reigns or
you care, we do it and we're CRAZY

THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!!

Guys have a harder time manning up to their faults and addressing them (civily),
its always a let's blame the girl for why it didn't work, or why she doesn't
like me or why my dick can't stay in my pants (usually the excuse is the girl
came onto him, she was willing to open her legs, SHE seduced me, SHE called me).

I just wish guys would take more responsibility for the things they say and do, as well as acknowledge their shortcomings, especially when they are sooooo quick to judge females, and set up their own list of requirements for what it is they want in a female. Find me a guy who tells you he wants a girl with a low number who also has a low number, and I show you a leprechaun and the pot of gold...I promise.


This was all over the place but I think I eventually got to where I wanted

2 comments:

  1. hmm like i always say men and women have been "themselves" for a while now...this aint nothin new

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! I get so tired of these tweets/conversations I hear guys having about groupies. Well, how would you know all of this and that regarding groupies if you didn't entertain them? Guys who work in industries that attract groupies ALLOW these women to be in their company. If they didn't want them there, tell those "hoes" and "bitches" to bounce.

    I have a friend who is a tattoo artist and he gets on me about not coming to his shop to "hang out". I don't hang out at any of my other friends place of business so I'm not hanging out in your tattoo shop. If I am not getting a tattoo, my ass doesn't need to be there. If I am there and 10 other groupies are there "hanging out", what differentiates me from them? So I remove myself from that element. However, I think it's fucked up that him and his associates/friends talk about these same women who come around like they didn't invite/allow them there in the first place.

    It's definitely a double standard but like the guy above said, people have been themselves and this ain't nothing new. Sad...

    ReplyDelete