Friday, May 8, 2009

Dependency

I think a lot of times especially females when they claim independence, they generally speak of financial independence, the ability to not need a man to take care of her or her child, or her and her bills, or her and her meal, you go to school, or have a job  you have it going on…yadda yadda

Then there is emotional dependency, the ability to not need or be dependent on a man to take care of her and her heart, or her and her thoughts and emotions and her and her cooch ....yea I said it...(among other things)

What happens when this independent woman, meets a man that she likes and is interested in him where’s the line, and when does independence of any kind become and asset or  becomes overbearing for the male and eventually the “relationship”

I've come to the realization that I need to be a hell of a lot more emotional independent, I have the financial independence thing  on lock, I do almost everything financially possible on this earth by myself.... Anyways as far as emotional independence I need help, I tend to not be able to handle personal situations on my own, and it's always best when I have someone to talk things over with, as well as I’m always desirable of the male in my life at the time's company, while you don’t have to buy my drink at the club you can sit and talk to me and hear me out (and not get bothered by it)....it’s a weird concept...

I'm eager to gather a lot more emotional dependency, because it can be read as clingy to some, although I'm a little far from clingy just because I'm so busy, but if I wasn’t so busy I'd want MR. SO's attention and time alot more than I do now..

I just wonder which one is most important and which kind of independence do guys value when they say they want an independent woman how much is too much and how little is too little...

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way!!!

    Truthfully, I think it's okay to be a lil emotionally dependent on someone you trust. You can't handle all situations on your own and sometimes you need that person who will just listen if anything.

    I think guys like an financially independent woman cuz it proves your not a golddigger..lol. I think they hate it tho when you seek every opportunity to rub it in their face.

    =)

    ReplyDelete