Friday, November 20, 2009

Successful "Regular" People > Celebrity

I have become such an addict to gossip blogs. However initially it was just entertainment, now its becoming somewhat of a way of life, because a day doesn't go by that I don't visit at least 5, necolebitchie, theybf, bossip, Sandrarose, and Mediatakeout are like my daily vitamin.

It's a little unfortunate, when anything becomes an obsession and I've gradually been trying to reduce my "vitamin" intake. Why? because I've found some truly amazing people who are so much more interesting. And to top it off they are "regular". Regular in the sense that they aren't extremely famous and extremely wealthy, but way more than regular in the sense that they are very successful individuals (in their own right(and in my opinion)), whom I believe have alot to offer whether its in motivation, relationships, getting your life on track etc.

Come to think of it im way more fascinated by their lives than I am by celebrities, because their lives seem more attainable and quite frankly more authentic. I'm moving in the regular direction, because I feel their lives offer so much more to me, than any celebrity. Now dont get me wrong I still love me some rihanna and will continue to check Rihannadaily regularly...lol (dont judge me) like i told a co-worker I'm convinced it's the small island thing, where you cant imagine that someone from somewhere relatively unknown to most of the world would make it so big and still come across relatable (again in my opinion).

Anyways this post isn't about Rihanna its about the regular people and just to name a few we have Belle (abelleinbk.com) is a true gem to women, more specifically black women. I know I know you don't know her but whenever she writes she speaks truth and wisdom, a friend on mine put me on to her like a year ago, I kinda fell off but I'm back on. Nackedwithsockson.com (don't really know his name) and Quaadir (www.youtube.com/Timaya) I subscribe to his youtube, he is a 20 year old gay man, and while his flamboyancy can be distracting, he speaks the truth and always sends a positive message.

As I've noticed alot of people saying lately, that with the advent of the internet and more specifically blogs, and twitter celebrities are losing their lure. By that I mean their ability to lure me in, their lives dont fascinate me anymore, It seems like a sham, more like they sold their souls for a couple hot cars some riches to flaunt, but deep down they're empty and i'm no longer impressed or intrigued to become one. I used to guzzle the koolaid, now im kinda sipping and eventually, as with in regular life i wanna give up the juice and move on to water, plain and better for me anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment