Yesterday I got to typing a whole schpeel about self improvement got bored and I never finished it.....
If I got bored I figured u would 2....hence the deadation...
(I make up words a lot)....stick it!!!
I overhear 2 girls talking about how they got 2 Ds and some Cs in their courses in the past semester....well one of them proceeds to say that that's cool you didn't fail and she continues to say that why kill yourself when you gonna end up getting the same degree anyway.....
Ok...pause....wooossaaaa.... WHAT!!!!.....that kills me I bust my ass in a full time job 40 hrs a wk and full time school at night 5 classes to pull a 4 A-s and a B to hear these 2 girls say some shit like that....you know what else kills me it will be these same girls that get these average degrees as imma call them and then go out for a job and do average work while others with some ambition pick up their average slack....I hear my boss complain about these mediocre workers all the time...yet they seem to still get hired and sometimes never fired....
So my friends... at some point in this conversation I almost questioned my ambition like why even try???.....I mean I see these average rappers all the time....average singers....average secretaries...the ones who roll their eyes and suck their teeth at the request of what their jobs entail....these average plumbers who 2 days later your shit needs fixing again...these average bitches who men get as side pieces when they have exceptional women....u average if you take another girls man...average cuz u couldn't find and keep your own (whole nother topic)....these average Dr's some of them,... with their shit load of malpractice claims...these average lawyers...not to mention these average politicians....and they get by....so why can't I???
Welll no can't do I'll fight average being the new exceptional till the death!!!!!!.....cuz I work 2 damn hard for these average suckas to take over......
I would have to disagree with you. I don't think average is exceptional nor acceptable. I dont agree that you should downgrade yourself and do poorly in classes because your going to get the same degree anyway. However, I have heard many professionals say to me, yes your school work is important but it is not everything, and when your sitting there at your job no one is going to ask you so what did u get in calculus, cuz at the end of the day no one cares. This is exactly what I heard from a corporate VP of a leading global industry.
ReplyDeleteHowever, what he did say was it is those extra skills that make you different and but you above and beyond. Such as being able to work with people, your assertiveness, and organizational skills. So I would say, keep on doing what you think is best, and if u do your best, and u know that the work you do is your best then you in no way will be average, and people will see that. That is the difference between, those secretaries and CEOs of fortune 500 companies. Ive heard millions of times that the best ppl arent the ones with the best grades but the best skills.
So one thing i most certainly believe is good grades does not necessarily transcend into great well qualified people.
It is having the total package that does.
i think you misunderstood...I just posed a question of which I too believe that the answer is NO...so I dont understand why you dont agree...because i agree with you..lol..mayb i should call u and explain...lol
ReplyDelete