Sunday, March 22, 2009

Little Girls Need Guidance

I meant to write about this for a while.
I was having a conversation with a someone about her daughter who has been pestering since she was 12 to get a belly button ring...and since 13 to get a tattoo...she is now 15.
The mom says that she has been pestered continuously with excuses like "my friends have it...so why can't I" or she does alot of research to show her mom the cleanest places that these things can be done etc.
Now I'm a firm believer in age limits for certain things...and no 12 year old NEED a tattoo or NEED a belly button ring...
Any requests for any of the above is a sign that said child wants to be a fast ass...meaning they tryna get some extra looks from the boys.
I remember asking my mom for another ear piercing at about 13...which she obliged
My reasoning for wanting one was obviously also along the lines of tryna be cool etc.
All my other requests were denied, and quite frankly I'm glad my mom was firm about not letting me have any other markings and piercings.
Not having any of said things did not decrease my chances of a guy liking me...and quite frankly I'm forced to think that by me not having them guys actually at that age kind of respected me more or didn't give a rats ass either way.
So my idea that getting those things would make me cooler with both guys and gals was tainted

Back to this young lady...her view is tainted, as was mine....
I told her mom to have her ask 10 of her male friends if by her getting a tattoo or a piercing, if they would deem her more of girlfriend material...you may find my request to the mom a little weird, but seriously does having any of these things change the likelihood of her getting more looks(in the good direction)?...which is obviously what she is seeking?....I'm forced to say NO...
And while her mom seems bitter and evil now for saying NO, she will as i have come to realize that, that is the best thing.

Little girls need guidance, especially our little black girls...their views of whats important are all jacked up...its sad and unfortunate and I can say this now looking at life in perspective...there may be no direct correlation, but honestly almost all the girls in my high school class with multiple tattoos, multiple piercings etc or a mix of both are either pregnant , or not in college...or are just messed up period...

IT IS NOT CUTE TO BE A FAST ASS....ITS JUST NOT!!!!...SERIOUSLY

No comments:

Post a Comment