Friday, April 24, 2009

Lone Soldier

"I lay alone awake at night
Sorrow fills my eyes
But I'm not strong enough to cry
Despite of my disguise
I'm left with no shoulder
But everybody wants to lean on me
I guess I'm their soldier
Well, who's gonna be mine

Who's there to save the hero
When she's left all alone
And she's crying out for help
Who's there to save the hero"
--Beyonce

This basically sums up how i feel at least this week.
Why isn't anyone understanding how i feel and why is no one reaching out to me after I have expressed how I feel.
Whenever anyone around me is going through something at least if you mean something to me I reach out to them and I'm their support, I may not always agree but i try to be supportive.
I feel with what I've gone through this week no one is reaching out to me....I have to in a sense beg them to listen or hear me out, even my best friend while she listens and gives great advice, most times, unlike me she can never sense when something is wrong...Most times.
I know everyone is busy and have their own lives, but i tend to put things aside to be supportive of those who mean something to me..
I guess no one else shares the same sentiment.

Whatever...maybe im extra sensitive and thats why i feel this way....but i feel alone
I do wanna still say that this does not take away from the fact that i still have good friends, although maybe ya'll can be a lil selfish and self absorbed.

1 comment:

  1. We all have our vices, unfortunately MOST of us fall victim to the self-centeredness that defines...America.
    Don't feel alone b/c in all actuality who understands you better than yourself? Altho it is comforting to know that there are ppl that come close..
    It's hot and summery...cheer up buttercup!

    ReplyDelete