Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Little Things make me Happy

I haven't been to work in 2 whole days, because I feel like a load of dog doodoo. I already have cabin fever. I swear my body tells me rest, and when I do my body tells me it's tired of being stagnant.

Anyway this post is not about that.

I got a bbm from a friend the other day saying he'd have a surprise for me on Monday, which was this Monday that just past. Now I hate pre surprises, don't hit me up telling me you have a surprise for me, because I wont stop pestering you to tell me what it is. I just rather you give me the surprise when the surprise is due. Any who after a little prodding to no avail, I gave the surprise a rest.

I kind of forgot about the surprise which is a good thing because, it would have just eaten me alive. Then I got to work one morning with a pic in a BBM. The picture was a school schedule with my friends name on the top. He told me that was the surprise. I was grinning from ear to ear!!! super dee duperty excited. You guys are probably like a school schedule as a surprise? How the hell is that a surprise?

But this guy, I've been trying to convince him for a while that going back to school would be a good thing. I would get hit with the "school isnt for me", "I get bored easily" and a other host of excuses to that effect. SO seeing this school schedule for 4 classes that started this past Monday made me very happy!!!... I told all my coworkers. What made me even more happy was the message that accompanied it. "I owe this to you". How can I not be excited about that, although I quickly shut it down and told him no you owe it to yourself, your son and your mom.

Little things in life make me happy and knowing that I can influence someone's life in a positive way is all the consolation prize that I need sometimes.

I wanna wish JO the best of luck with school, and I told him I'm here to help no matter what. I'm not writing whole papers or doing entire assignments, but in any way I can I'll help to make sure he finishes this time around!!..

No comments:

Post a Comment