Black self hate still exists.
Yesterday on twitter, a really offensive comment was made by someone I follow to the tune of "black girls just don't do it for me". Now I mean black men can have their preferences even within black women for who they want to date. Scratch that anyone can have their preference for who they want to date, as long as the way you go about justifying the reason you like that kind for lack of a better word doesn't offend anyone. Now for some reason the comment offended me. Why because the "just don't do it for me" part rubbed me the wrong way. Why is it that they don't do it for him I knew just had to be a racist reason, YES RACIST, black self hate is still racism in my book. Anyway I tried to play coy and just respond "WHAT!!! That's so mean" and he responds No offense to you but its just been that way since I was little. Another guy responds to my response to him "why not date white girls...Heaven is white right"...and that's where I was just like this convo is over. I made the comment that I guess they wouldn't mind if we were inbred, and by some year the whole black race would be eliminated. The guy retweeted me and wrote YAYY!! These young men are college educated black men born from black mothers either through a black underbelly or black cooter. They are cool guys, but this "joke" which I later was coaxed into thinking was a joke was a very ignorant comment. I made the choice to end that there, I realized I was going to be fighting a losing battle, and I left that to its stupidity. The hardest thing to do is to talk civilly with a person who insists on being an idiot, although they oftentimes know better
By night time I realized that some other girl had gone off on them. And the battle of the sexes ensued. What stemmed from that was the above twitter trend. Some things written were " even lies can be white" "they have hair that looks good at any time" "they have pink nipples and pink pussies" "their parents are rich" "In the summer they match my white polos" and a whole host of other offensive and childish fuckery. Now I just decided to get off twitter, why because I know my race has been beaten down by others for generations and I don't need my own race to beat me into the ground, and explain to me why i shouldn't take things "so seriously". I said "I'm going to bed before I become an ABW and give you BLACK men more reason to hate my BLACK ass". Now all I have to say about all this after its said and done is this:
I'M HAPPY THAT THESE BLACK MEN MADE IT CLEAR WHY THEIR WHITE GIRLFRIENDS OR BETTER THAN THEIR MOMS.
Also any respectable white woman would turn their nose up at those comments too. And would not even give them the time of day....those are not compliments that's disrespect. That's like a white man saying I like black girls because they know how to back that ass up better than white girls. WHAAAA!!! That's all you like me for REALLLYY!!! NEEEEXXXTT!!...Just like that. Shit like the above just makes me annoyed that our society really hasn't changed. The fact that race relations...the light skin dark skin complex issues have been beaten into the ground to no RESPECTABLE avail is just saddening.
I had a side convo on BBM with one of the guys. He told me he meant no harm it was just because one of the girls called him and his friend out their name. I simply told him for every action there is a reaction and WE have to take responsibility for our actions. I still don't know how much of the madness was really JUST jokes and that's what has me almost in tears at how sad the state of affairs as black people really are.
FIN.
No comments:
Post a Comment