Monday, March 1, 2010

Men Irritate Me, but make me laugh all at the same time

I needed somewhere to vent


Last night on Twitter I went in on a few guys that I have been "talking" to. I have been single for a few months now (loooong story...that possibly will never be told), and I've been trying to get back in the dating game, as well as I've been digging up the numbers I buried somewhere in my phone as my backup plan.


Now the digging up #s part is an exaggeration, because I mean there are guys who just seem to KNOW when I'm single, and they are the ones I call lurkers, they're always lurking, then put some real effort when my facebook status changes etc.


Now lets start with guy #1. I happened to know him through church. "know" is an exaggeration as, I just used to see him at church, we never spoke a word of English to each other ever, but one day I get a BBm from his sister who happened to find me on facebook, befriend me, then added me on bbm, I had posted my pin on there I believe. Anyways she starts small talking (I had actually spoken to her a few times at church, so I wasn't too annoyed by her randomness). Anywho she starts talking to me telling me about her life then slowly transitions into the fact that her brother asked about me. Now I'm like brother, who? She goes oh the one with the braids "___" Im like who ?( also hopin the grown ass hee haws man, doesnt STILLL have braids) She said don't you remember he used to so and so, and I'm like oooo thats his name (because mind you I had never been introduced etc so this all came as a surprise) She then asked if its ok for her to give him my bbm pin, I obliged, since I remember him being somewhat of a cutie, and a new person wouldn't be such a bad idea. So no less that 10 mins later he adds me. Long story short 2 and a half weeks later we are still BBming, no requests for my # to actually speak to me, no request for a date NOTHING!!! Like hello how lame are you. Mind you he bbms me all day long, checkin in up and out about my life and still NOTHING!! Im about to delete him from BBM my fingers are tired, and this is when technology irritates me, Deleting him means that he'll be gone forever, since he doesn't have a # to ask any questions after. (hmmm that will probably be done today)



Now guy #2 This dude has been lurking for 5 years... I repeat 5 whole freaking years. Now I finally give him a chance to actually hang out this weekend and the boy just gave me every freaking excuse in the book, as well as tried to blow off my annoyance with the fact that he said he wanted to see me but didnt make any real effort, and then went ahead and did something else. Like hello Im the excuse giver here, when since YOU give ME excuses? (I'm kidding) Anywho, I'd be damned if I say imma do anything with him again. I know his lurking ass will be back, guaranteed.



Now guy# 3 This is the guy that I call my bestie, the sweetest funniest most interesting person ever, but who I am just not even remotely physically attracted to (edited 3/3/10--Please dont think I'm shallow I realize i may come across that way, but be honest ladies, ever just wasn't interested in a man, in that way?...ok then you understand). He sends me this email this morning


I need your advice. I think I like this girl & I think this girl likes me. I want to ask her to take me seriously, but I don't know if it's a good move because I don't wanna risk her not reciprocating those feelings. Sometimes I'm like, f-it, just do it. But then I wonder how badly things would change in the way we interact daily if I did & she chose not to pursue it. Understand?

My response:
Well on what level do you know this girl, is she a friend or someone you see in passing occasionally? (Mind you I know he's talking about me but im playing dumb)

His response:
I dnt know if it matters. But she's a friend. I mean, I think we're at that level lol. I guess that's the only reason I'm putting so much thought into it. Normally I dnt think I'd stress it this much. People are so strange because the same case does not apply for everyone. While someone might appreciate a direct approach, others might not be so willing to deal w/ confrontation. You ever been in a sit. like that?

My response:
This whole situation is a little too obvious, and lol… Anyways I feel that the best bet is to see if she’s given you any real reasons to feel that you guys could take it to another level. Otherwise most times that kinda thing brings about and causes awkward situations and you know if you appreciate the friendship and don’t want to turn her away from wanting to hang out then I suggest you continue to lay your feelings low for a lil while. And honestly I don’t think I’ve really been in that situation, where the person is my friend, however I have been in a situation where I wanted to talk to a random guy that I didn’t really know too much, it worked out for me but that’s just to answer ur question.

His response:
You're right. I haven't received any real reason from her indicating she wanted anything. I'll keep it real simple & get rid of that idea altogether. Maybe she's just as nice to everyone else & I'm misinterpreting things. Thanks for the advice! W/ev lol. I just asked her if we could talk. So we're eating lunch 2gether(this part confused me i think he put this in to throw me off ). She seemed pretty cool about it, but I do feel really awkward about it now bc honestly I've never really given her any indication either. So I'm wondering if the reason she never gave me any reason to pursue anything is bc she feels the same way I do. Maybe she's having a crazy convo w/ her friend who wrks in medical billing (this made it real obvious and confirmed my previous idea, i work in medical billing) also lol. I'll keep u posted.

Lmao o boy, why must men do this to themselves?

I wanna go on and on about a couple more but I'm hungry.
Im still looking for Mr Right. But for now Mr Money or Mr Louboutin (or Steve Madden..lol thats what I can afford hehe) will do...

On a serious note though, I want to get rid of every lurker, and start fresh, I can’t deal. Guys just irritate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment