I was listening to Pandora, this is where I expand my musical horizons (most times it’s when I get tired of the same songs on my IPod) since they generate music based of some pretty narrow preferences. I have gotten most of my now favorite songs from here, songs I wouldn’t normally have heard or even bothered to listen to.
A song by Sara Bareilles called Red came on(I love this chick by the way). Some lyrics from the song stuck out.
“You cannot change what you do not own”
How profound is that simple statement. Take that and run with it how you will. I have several reasons why I think that is such a great line, specifically when it comes to people, you OWN no actions and reactions but your OWN. Trying to change someone else’s actions and reactions will put you in a world of trouble. (I mean actions and reactions in the broadest sense possible).
I might have to check that out.
ReplyDeleteThat is - if I get around to it.
So much new music with this whole Web 2.0 thing.